Cannabis is an herb flowering annually. Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD, is a constituent of cannabis. Although they use Cannabis for a large number of purposes, more recently, its medicinal uses have gathered attention from everyone.
Cannabis is a complex plant with a lot of parts and surprisingly, each part has different uses and purposes. Likewise, their effects are different on the human body! The two major constituents of cannabis are CBD and THC. Out of the two, CBD has a plethora of health benefits for everyone including the senior citizens.
Let us have a look at the top health benefits of CBD for senior citizens –
- Useful For Diabetics – Diabetes is quite a common problem among senior citizens. A significant proportion of senior citizens complain about incessantly increasing levels of blood sugar. CBD – a constituent of Cannabis is highly useful for diabetic patients. This natural treatment works without any side effects whatsoever. It regulates the sugar levels of the body and also calms the diabetic restless leg syndrome. Due to its noticeable anti-inflammatory action, CBD reduces inflammation and boosts the metabolism of the human body. It improves the flow of blood and helps in keeping the blood vessels open.
- CBD For Skin Care – Another common problem faced by the senior citizens is that of a poor skin texture. Not many people know this but Cannabis is actually the only skin care product that you need. CBD is very useful for preventing acne and other common skin problems caused by inflammation. You may apply CBD oil to your skin like any other cosmetic lotion or moisturizer and keep it from drying for hours altogether. You can even use it as a lip balm in winters.
This will help you have healthy and hydrated lips. CBD binds with TRPV1 receptors in the skin and provides a soothing effect. However, please ensure that you buy Cannabis products for medical use from a licensed medical marijuana dispensary only. In fact, they highly recommend buying CBD oil from an online dispensary. These online dispensaries often have high-quality marijuana seeds for sale along with a quick delivery and quality service.
- Improves The Health Of Bones – With age, the bones start getting weak and fragile. Among the many benefits of CBD, a prominent one is that it improves the health of bones. It makes them strong and capable of dealing with damage. CBD supplements, for instance, can help the bones heal quickly after a fracture! Being a rich anti-inflammation agent, it is very useful for patients with multiple sclerosis too.
- Insomnia – Apart from the above-mentioned problems, a lot of senior citizens tend to suffer from insomnia or sleeplessness. Many of them make use of sleeping pills in order to ensure a good night’s sleep. A lesser known fact is that CBD can help regulate sleep cycles. It cures insomnia (provides relief if does not cure completely). Due to its strong anti-inflammatory action, it stops inflammation at the cellular level and provides a soothing effect. It keeps free radical stress under control.
- Good For Eyes – Cannabis can also be used as a treatment for an eye disease called Glaucoma. The elderly are more vulnerable to glaucoma. The disease increases the pressure in the eyeball and often results in a damage of the optic nerve. It can also cause a possible loss of vision. A Study shows that cannabinoids like CBD lower the intraocular pressure, thus displaying neuroprotective actions. Hence, they can be a potential cure for the disease and be used for providing the patients relief.
There are several CBD oil products such as CBD gummies, topicals, edibles, water which can be incorporated in an everyday lifestyle. You must check reviews for CBD capsules, gummies and other products before beginning their use.
Not just CBD oil, but the other constituents and parts of the cannabis plant are also very helpful from the medicinal point of view. Medical marijuana is slowly gaining a great popularity in medical science. Although you can easily buy cannabis seeds for medical use from medical marijuana dispensaries, it is recommended that you give a shot to growing indoor marijuana too.